‘Knock It Out’ Foaming Hand Soap
All-Natural – Anti-Bacterial
8 oz. / 227 g
Knock It Out with organic foaming hand soap! This powerful anti-oxidant soap is filled with:
- antiseptic properties
for the most reliable and healthy cleansing, every time!
To wash away dirt and bacteria, it’s best to wash hands with soap and clean running water for 20 seconds.
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
RO Water, Castile Soap*, Prunus Amygdalus Sulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Eugenia Caryophyflata (Clove Bud Essential Oil)*, Citrus Limon Peel (Lemon Essential Oil)*, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark (Cinnamon Essential Oil)* Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf (Eucalyptus Essential Oil)*, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf (Rosemary Essential Oil)*, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf (Tea Tree Essential Oil)* *=Organic
The science on toxic chemicals is clear: They can harm us!
So why haven’t they been eliminated from our household products? Because according to the EWG (Environmental Working Group) there is not any kind of safety stands, nor any data testing or notification requirements for household cleaners before being able to bring them to market. What’s even scarier is there is no federal regulation of chemicals in household products.
Once you’ve learned where to look for toxins in your home, it’s really quite scary! They are everywhere!!!
Why the concern?
The following are just a few of the most common types of chemicals found in our everyday household products such as window cleaners, multi-purpose cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, scouring powders, shampoos, hand soaps, air fresheners, dish soaps, detergents, fabric softeners, drain cleaners, disinfectants, etc.
- Phthalates – known endocrine disruptors can trigger migraines and asthma. Also has been shown to negatively impact respiratory health, reproductive function, as well as cause DNA damage.
- Perchloroethylene (PERC) – a neurotoxin which the EPA classifies as a “possible carcinogen” can cause dizziness and loss of coordination.
- Triclosan – a probable carcinogen and an aggressive antibacterial agent that can promote the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. It can also lead to increased sensitivity to the environment as well as harmful cellular and endocrine changes.
- Quarternary Ammonium Compounds (QUATS) – Also breeds antibiotic-resistant bacteria, also known to cause asthma and other respiratory issues.
- 2-Butoxyethanol – glycol ethers – a set of powerful solvents that don’t mess around. Law does not require 2-Butoxyethanol to be listed on the label. May cause sore throats, narcosis, pulmonary edema, and severe liver and kidney damage. Can also interfere with the health of red blood cells.
- Ammonia – a powerful irritant to the eyes, skin, throat, and lung may cause lung issues including asthma and chronic bronchitis
- Chlorine – a potential antimicrobial and respiratory irritant at an acute level – may also be a serious thyroid disrupter
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – a detergent irritating to eyes, mouth, and skin.
- Fragrance – a chemical linked to skin, kidney, respiratory, and cellular issues.
- Parabens – antimicrobial, chemical preservatives – associated with negative effects in breasts, hormones, and reproductive areas.
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) can cause liver, eye, respiratory tract, nervous system, and skin troubles as well as GI discomfort and challenges with equilibrium.
Once inhaled or absorbed through the skin, these cleaning products can wreak havoc with our delicate microbiome. Since the root of physical and mental wellness lies in the balance of our gut lining, this is particularly troubling.
And of course by using these toxic chemicals we are also guilty of polluting our environment, as they can easily find their way into our soil, air, and water. Which in the end will is also potentially damaging to our planet’s wildlife.
The solution? Most of our cleaning products can be replaced by using water, white vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils.
Let’s all go natural!